Sunday, June 28, 2009

Back to the University AKA… attack of the toads.


  We came back to the university for a day of study.  What’s a Sunday without a good three-hour Arabic class???  Luckily we had two cool lectures on Moroccan Literature and Berber Culture.  Seriously, Being a “Fulbright Scholar” is a serious undertaking.  So far this trip has definitely violated all the expectations that I had coming into it.  A good coping mechanism that I have developed… as recently as yesterday, as a matter of fact… is to look at the schedule for the day and imagine what you expect the day to be like, then expect that none of the things that you expected are going to happen.  Problem solved.     Oh… and the toads, they’re massive here, and they don’t move even if you hit them or throw things at them.  Anyone who knows me well enough knows that I hate anything that jumps, so the toads in Morocco have forced me to change my chosen direction on multiple occasions.  

No comments:

Post a Comment